HostGator is one of the most preferred options in terms of almost all types of hostings. It is a great option for beginners as well as professionals. But there are some issues with its hosting so users want to cancel their subscription. This guide will help you with how to Cancel your HostGator subscription, this article will guide you in doing so.
HostGator provides the users with services such as cheap Web hosting, VPN hosting, Reseller hosting, Shared hosting, Cloud hosting etc. There are many reasons why HostGator is liked by users. These include-
- Low costs of plans
- Large number of features and plugins
- Easy to use
- Good uptime
- Easy site-transfer
- One-click WordPress installation
- Provision of support to the customers, etc.
Why do users want to cancel HostGator subscription?
However, there are some disadvantages that come with HostGator and might make you want it less. Some of them are mentioned below-
- Using some tools require professional expertise
- There is no provision of free trial
- It does not come with a website builder
- There is no payment gateway attached with it
- It does not provide the user with SSL Certificate and Extra storage
- Its performance is not that efficient or consistent sometimes
It is not essential that HostGator is the perfect choice for you. There may be many reasons why a person might need to get away with his/her HostGator subscription. For e.g.,
- You might require a feature or a plugin which HostGator is unable to offer you
- You might be looking for a more professional Hosting solution for your business
- The budget might have changed and you want a more budget-friendly option
- You might not be running your online business due to some unfortunate circumstances, etc.
But don’t you worry! Cancelling the subscription to HostGator is not a task to worry about. You can do it easily, in a few simple steps. There are also alternative options for better & cheaper unlimited web hosting providers.
Steps For How To Cancel HostGator Subscription
Here we have mentioned the easiest steps to cancel a HostGator account by the Customer Portal and WordPress Blog Plan. You can use any of them for the HostGator subscription cancellation.
Cancelling through the Customer portal-
These are the steps for cancelling the HostGator subscription by the Customer Portal.
- Open HostGator website.
- Login with your credentials, into its customer portal.
- Click on the “Hosting” option which can be seen in the menu on the left side.
- Select the package which you want to cancel, under the “Hosting Packages” section.
- Click on “Manage> Cancel Package” under the billing tab.
- You will need to fill the cancellation form in the next step. You will be asked about the reason you want to cancel and some other feedback related questions.
- At last, select the checkbox which says “I give permission to terminate the plan above on the scheduled renewal date”.
- Finally, click on the “Cancel package” button.
After that, the process of cancellation of your package will start. You will receive an email from the support team of HostGator. Accordingly, your package will be cancelled within the next 48 hours, and your services will be terminated when the planning cycle ends.
So these are the steps for how to cancel a HostGator subscription with the customer portal. By following the above-mentioned steps you can easily cancel your HostGator account.
Also Read: Bluehost code guard.
Cancelling your WordPress Blog Plan
If you just want to cancel your WordPress Blog plan, follow these steps-
- Sign in to the Customer Portal of HostGator.
- Open the “Hosting” tab, and select “WordPress” from the list below.
- Click on “Manage”. Select the option “Delete WordPress blog”.
- Now, select the checkbox which says “I give permission to delete my installation and files”.
- Finally, click on the “Delete installation” button.
If you cancel within 45 days of getting your subscription, you are eligible for the HostGator cancel account refund. But only if you had taken the subscription for the first time. For any other matter, there are Terms and Conditions according to which HostGator manages refunds. You can go through that before cancelling your subscription.
In case you have cancelled your HostGator subscription in order to move to a new hosting site, you will need to transfer all your data to the new site. Some sites offer free migration while you have to pay for migrating your data in some sites.
However, if you completely want to remove the existence of your site from the internet, you will also need to cancel your Domain name. When we cancel the subscription, the domain name is not automatically cancelled. This is because in case you want a subscription to HostGator again after a few months. You can use the same domain name for that purpose.
In order to cancel your domain name, you will have to contact the customer support team of HostGator through live chat or over a phone call. They will help you cancel your domain registration and thus, someone else will be able to use that as their domain name.
Conclusion: How To Cancel HostGator Subscription?
We have mentioned the steps to cancel the HostGator subscription with ease. You just have to follow them and get your HostGator account cancelled. We hope this guide has helped you a lot with this query.
Can I cancel my HostGator subscription through call or live chat?
No. It requires you to cancel through this process so that the HostGator account cancellation is done in writing. Also, it is assumed that only you can do the cancellation.
What Is HostGator Refund Policy After Cancelling Subscription?
If you are eligible for a refund, which means you had taken the subscription not earlier than 45 days. Your refund will be initiated and added to your source account once the team of HostGator confirms cancellation from your side.
Why am I receiving invoices even after HostGator subscription cancellation?
If you are receiving invoices after cancellation too, it might be because you have not cancelled your domain name. You need to contact the customer support team and request the cancellation of the domain name in order to stop receiving invoices.
Can I cancel My HostGator cPanel Hosting service?
Yes, you can cancel your HostGator cPanel subscription plan. Also, you can check out cheap Cpanel web hosting providers to get cPanel hosting at an affordable price.